Being fit and healthy is not only a matter of choice, it requires a lot of perseverance and determination. Every person has a different definition of fitness many of us believe that being fit means a healthy weight, slim body but that’s not true.
Fitness for me is bringing yourself to a state of total balance which means having a healthy mind, body and spirit. However just to give you some motivation to get fit and how useful it is, we will look at the benefits that you get from being fit like it improves metabolism, slow down the effects of ageing, protects you from many diseases, makes your body flexible ,improves concentration, mental peace and alot more.
Now coming back to the main agenda here are the few home remedies for keeping yourself fit. Things you can do at home to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I believe Yoga exercise is a need of today if you want to be fit not just physically but also mentally. It will make you stress free, anxiety free and flexible. Afterall healthy mind lives in a healthy body and everyone wants to have healthy, happy and peaceful life. There are many yogasana you can try at home. For Instance;
- Marjari asana
Above are the simplest yoga exercise which anybody can perform at home to stay fit.
Do you know that 65% of human body mass is made of water. To keep your body hydrated it requires minimum 64 ounces of water every day. Therefore, staying hydrated is very important for proper body functioning. It maintains your body temperature, lubricates your joints, maintains blood pressure; detoxify body, controls weight and much more.
Here are the few remedies for staying hydrated:
- Drink a glass of water every morning empty stomach.
- Take water breaks after every 2 hours.
- Limit caffeinated and sugar drinks.
- If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding a slice of lemon or mint to your drink.
- Have fruits and vegetables which are rich in water like watermelon, tomatoes, muskmelon, and lettuce. Etc.
Maintain a proper sleeping habbit. Early to bed and early to rise is the best schedule anyone can follow to stay fit. Therefore, Sleeping for at least eight hours a night is must to stay fit. Sleep effects your cognitive function, concentration levels and energy levels. So having a good amount of sleep is very important as it helps in increasing metabolism and burning calories. It can also keep you away from heart disease, chronic pains, mood disorders etc.
Our body requires all kind of vitamins and minerals to maintain a healthy life style. So healthy eating matters to keep your body fit. These are the few simple remedies needs to follow everyday for keeping yourself fit.
- Eat everyday a few bars of gooseberry (amla): It is an excellent source of vitamin C ,it strengthens liver, reduces inflammation, improves skin conditions.
- Have every morning a almonds and walnuts: It’s the richest source of proteins, it provides all kind of nutrients to body; magnesium, vitamin B, copper and omega 3.
- Eat everyday one green leaf vegetable: It maintains the level of both potassium and water and help flush excess sodium out of the body.
Design a schedule so that you can balance short-term and long-term goals. This will help you prioritize what’s important in your life.
- Eat well balanced meal on time.
- Maintaining routine from day to night can make your life much easier and stress free.
- Pay attention to how your routines affect your daily life.
- Sleep on time
Therefore, living a balanced life can make your lifestyle healthy. It is always better to take preventive measures at home and incorporate these in your day to day life rather than visiting doctors and hospitals.