Once your skin gets burn, cuts, injury, acne inflammation, surgery, or others, it can cause scars. The scar is a healing process of the crossed or cuts skin’s boundary. Most people with scar feel self-conscious because it affects to their physical appearance. A new scar may full of blood and thick but it will flatter and lessen the blood supply as time goes by. It comes in various types, sizes, and shapes. The body has an ability to scar removal. But to boost the process, you need to try some home remedies for removing the scar. The focus is to promote effectively the growth of cells, diminish scar tissue and produce healthy skin.
If you think that your scar will quickly disappear, it is not that easy. Remember that there’s no method yet which completely remove the scar. Some remedies and treatments will only disguise less noticeable. Do it patiently and persistently, removing scar will take time-based on the types, sizes, and shapes of the scar. In general, not every scar removal cure will work for everyone. These are ten home remedies for removing your scar.
Natural Ways to Remove Scar: 10 Home Remedies
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is considered to be the famous natural scar removal medication because of its antibacterial and inflammatory properties. Not only does it work to support the healthy skin growth but also repair the damaged skin as a natural emollient. Moreover, it enhances the texture of skin. However, don’t put the gel in the open wounds. How to apply?
- Peel the outer skin of aloe vera leaf and take the gel in it
- Put on the gel to your scar and massage with circular movements
- Wait 30 minutes, then clean it
- Repeat twice a day
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is helpful for fade scars. This because coconut oil contains vitamin E and antioxidant that quicken the healing process and avoids new scars formed. Plus, it stimulates the production of collagen, support the damaged skin healing, and counteracts free-radical damage due to the caprylic, capric and lauric acids which are found in coconut oil. How to apply coconut oil as a scar removal?
- To liquefy extra-virgin coconut oil, heat it first
- Take the warm oil on the palm and apply to the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes and massage it
- Leave around 1 hour in order to the skin absorbs it.
- Apply two till four times a day for better results
3. Vitamin E Oil
Another effective natural scar removal is Vitamin E. It assists in fading scars and contains a moisturizing property. As a result, it can hydrate your skin, fix damaged tissue as well as enhance the scars’ appearance. First, you can open the capsules of vitamin E to gain the oil. Second, smear into your scar through gently massaging about ten minutes. Third, wait for fifteen to twenty minutes and then you wash it with warm water. To get the best result for scar removal, apply several times in a day. Bear in mind, before you apply, test the oil in a small patch of your skin. This is because some of you may get the allergic reaction of vitamin E oil.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil is an excellent natural scar removal due to its vitamin E enriched. It can assist the healing process of damaged skin. Apply with extra virgin olive oil to get a better result.
- Putting on warm extra virgin olive oil to your scar’s part
- Then, massaging in a round motion
- Leaving it to thirty minutes or overnight, and then clean it with a clean fabric.
Another way to apply this extra virgin olive oil is combining with lavender oil. Put on your scar part by softly massaging in a few minutes. Wait around twenty till thirty minutes, and then clean it with lukewarm water. Follow either of these applications several times each day.
Lemon is another effective scar removal which has alpha hydroxy acids. So, it can support in treating scars for all types. In addition, it has healing properties to take dead skin cells away, support the new skin cells growth and enhance skin elasticity. Due to the vitamin C contained, it also helps rejuvenate and repair the damaged skin as well as lightens scars. Apply lemon juice to your scar area.
For people with sensitive skin can melt down the lemon juice with rose water in equal amounts or you can use the oil of vitamin E. Leave about ten minutes and then clean with warm water. Repeat once a day until you think that your scar less noticeable. For your information, your skin will photosensitive while applying lemon so prevent going out directly after remedies. Ensure you put on some sunscreen once you step out the door.
Honey is a natural scar removal that you can find easily at your home. It contains of natural moisturizers which are effective in preventing dead skin cells accumulation as well as stimulating the regeneration of skin tissue.
Take honey then apply to your affected areas. Cover the applied remedies with a bandage and let it overnight. In the morning, clean with warm water. Follow this scar remedies before sleeping at the night. Another way applying honey is making a scrub. Take honey and crystallized sugar in equal amounts and apply to the area of scars. You need to gently scrub it in a few minutes, and then wash it with warm water. After it’s dry, put some moisturizers. Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has acidic nature, making it as an effective scar removal remedies. It assists to exfoliate and get rid of dead skin cells. This also supports the healthy skin cells growth and lessens the scars appearance. Furthermore, it balances the level of pH’s skin, which is important for skin texture health. How to apply apple cider vinegar as scar removal?
- Combine raw of unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water in equal amount.
- Apply into the scar by dipping a cotton ball in it. Wait until five minutes, and then wash it off with water. Repeat this once every day.
Another scar removal treatment, make a solution with two tbsp. of unfiltered apple cider vinegar raw, two or three cups of water and one tbsp. of honey. Put on this blend into your scar, wait for thirty minutes and then clean it with lukewarm water. Follow this once a day.
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is considered to be an outstanding natural moisturizer that helps as scar removal for all types. It pierces deep into your skin and maintains the scars’ area moisturized lengthier. This supports the new skin tissues growth in the damaged place. Also, the vitamin E contained in cocoa butter supports skin repair.
- Put on a pure cocoa butter into your affected skin’s area and gently massage in circular motions before going to bed.
- In the next morning, clean with lukewarm water.
- Follow the treatment every day till your scar fades away
SEE ALSO: The Easy Way to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
9. Tea Tree Oil
Another natural scar removal is tea tree oil. It is a beneficial oil to help in managing skin conditions as well as reducing scars and blemishes. It also contains anti-inflammatory and the property of skin healing. Take tea tree oil about four drops into two tbsp. of water. Make this diluted for cleaning the scars’ area two or three times a day. Remember! Do not use undiluted of tea tree oil. Still, if experiencing this oil for the first time, make a patch trial.
Sandalwood contains skin-regenerating and soothing properties that can reduce the appearance of all types of scars regarding Ayurveda. Combine equal amounts of any preferred types oil that you choose with sandalwood oil. Apply to your affected skin using a cotton bud. Wait for around thirty minutes, and then wash it with warm water. Apply twice a day for a better result as scar removal.
More tips for natural scar removal
Make green tea, let it cool, dab it into your new scar with a cotton swab, and then massage moderately. If you apply it regularly, it will diminish your scars’ size
- Make a paste with a combination of aspirins crush and water. Put on your scar twice a day.
- To help fade scars, take white toothpaste.
- Avoid scars’ exposure to the sun because it retards the process of healing and creates the scars darker.
- It will be scarring if you often massage the affected area because it can break the fibrous tissue.
- Do frequently exfoliate to remove skin old layers. This will support new skin growth and decrease the scars’ appearance
- Use a concealer to camouflage scars. Use one that matches your skin tone.
- Follow a dietary program which rich in vitamins E and C to boost the healing process.
- Consume regular fish oil supplements intake can also aid to heal scars. Ask your doctor before starting to take any supplement of medication.